Sunday, March 18, 2012

Vindicated 

Sometimes when you write something and you can see a living proof of it being played right infront of your eyes, you feel so vindicated. 

In May 2011, I had written about why all roles matter, not just to pay lip service to teamwork, but in the very real sense. For instance that of a bell boy in a hotel. 


On a recent trip, I stayed with an ITC hotel and was naturally curious to find the whereabouts of the management with whom I previously worked. I asked the young person at the Check in desk at the towers, about Gautam Anand, who led the team many years back, but she shook her head and seems to not even show recognition of the name. 

Just then, a bell boy who was walking past must have overheard me, turned back to come to me and without hesitation said that Mr. Anand was located at this property till 2003 and has since moved to Chennai. 

Bell Boys remain at the properties for many long years, serving faithfully. Check-in staff moves on. Who would you think will know the hotel & its people better?    


No comments: